Yes, it is that time of year again – we are seeking Board position nominations! Are you looking for opportunities to connect with others in your profession, expand your skills, and work on a team of dedicated professionals committed to growing and supporting TR in BC? Or do you know someone who would be a great candidate? We want to hear from you! There are three board position opportunities available for the upcoming term: President, Director of Education, and Director of Communications.
Are there any additional benefits of becoming a Director? YES! In addition to the above mentioned benefits, your annual BCTRA fees will be covered for your term.
What are the time commitment expectations? As a board member it is expected that you will attend monthly meetings, annual meetings, as well as work an average of 2-5 hours a week on specific projects.
Can you nominate yourself? YES! Please fill out the nomination form on the website by September 1st. Complete the form online by logging into your BCTRA account, and select “Nomination Forms” under Member-Only Resources.
What would you do if you joined the Board? While specific functions of each Director are described on the BCTRA website, general Director functions are listed below:
- Attend monthly BCTRA board meetings and provide verbal progress reports
- Assist in the planning and facilitation of the BCTRA Annual General Meeting
- Ensure adherence to BCTRA Bylaws
- Develop, implement and evaluate a yearly plan of action
- Provide opportunity for the involvement of BCTRA members by supporting the ongoing development of committees
- Prepare, present, and monitor an annual portfolio budget to include meetings, travel and potential conference/workshop expenses
- Identify provincial, national, international trends related to portfolio
- Ensure proper documentation of portfolio activity
If you are thinking about joining the Board and have any questions about the above positions, please contact the current corresponding Board member as they will be happy to answer them.
Educations Director: email@example.com
Communications Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to become involved!
Please complete the Nomination Form by September 1st.