Therapeutic Recreation Month – February 2015….. Let’s Celebrate!
On behalf of the board I want to take the opportunity to wish everyone a great TR Month.
Events and other activities taking place this month include:
The Education Committee is hosting a webinar in February
- This was presented on Feb. 11 ‘Weight bias in healthcare professionals’ (This session will be archived if you missed it)
And in March
- Friday March 13, 2015 a Full day workshop will be held – it’s called:
“Beyond the Feedback Sandwich: Using Advocacy-Inquiry Techniques for Excellence as a TR Clinical Preceptor and Team Leader”
Speaker: Bev Suntjens, BA (Recreation Therapy) – Register soon as space is limited
In the Fall we advertised for ‘Regional Ambassadors’ these volunteers act as liaisons between BCTRA and the regions – volunteers have stepped forward in all regions. If you would like to know who the regional ambassador is in your area please visit our website!
Regional Ambassador roles include
- providing updates on events in their region
- assisting BCTRA in the work of reaching out and engaging BCTRA members
- being available to the board of directors as a point of contact when questions arise in their region
- helping to organize/ host BCTRA events in their region
Watch for Facebook announcements, website postings and the occasional email for details about these TR Month Social Events in your region!
- In the Lower Mainland – there is a Run (I will be walking) planned for Wednesday, February 18th. This will be a fun event, time to enjoy leisure and connect with other TRs.
- On the Island the board members who reside there and the ambassadors are planning an event…..watch for details
- In the Interior there are also events being planned by board members and the ambassador.
And keep watching your mailbox for a package to help you promote and celebrate TR month!
As a member of BCTRA you also hold membership in CTRA – there are a number of TR month resources in the CTRA members only section of their website
Once again on behalf of the BCTRA board of directors – Happy Therapeutic Recreation Month!